A Path to Action.

     Lets start out 5 years ago, when I was freshly 16 years old.

Innocent to the mind warping of modern day. I had perfected the art of "A Path to Action" 

When an Idea popped inside my skull.

I listened to it. 

The "Idea" was as soft as clay, waiting to be molded.

Without direction or a clear vision, the path was to write a book. 

How this thought had popped into my brain is a whole other mystery.

Why had I all of a sudden been so wrapped up into creating this book the reader may ask?

Well...that is a question in which I never implored.

With the flick of a newly chiseled switch, I started writing. 

Of course, that is how my brain worked. 

You have an Idea

You take Action

That is how it should be. No thoughts of "failure" or the real "why"  to my goal. 

Just staying focused on the task with pure unbridled  "Action."

This kind of  mentality is something I have begun to lose in the past five years growing up.

I get an Idea.

I think on all the ways this idea can benefit or become detrimental to this life I have made.

Then...With a long pause....

I take a peek at some random YouTube videos. Some motivational. Others are just people playing with slime.

I don't take Action quite yet. I swarm in a black hole of my own making. 

Get "busy" with day to day life. 

Keep that strong idea in my mind hidden from the world. Caged from real creation.

Until it's life starts getting weaker and weaker.

The Idea is lost. Without Action it has faded away.

I can go back to being a "good worker" to my job. 

Focus on the "Clearing of my Head".

Yet,  fear is always there. 

What if. 

One day...

Ideas start to choose a different host

I have pushed them back too many times...

Once they were an army of ideas forging their way into my thoughts.

Now if you listen closely, you might hear or see just one. 

Knocking at the door. 

With no one listening. 

 Picture if you will.

 Ideas as little creatures each with its own soul, you start to realize the power you have. 

Just imagine one "Id" ( Naming the creatures of Ideas "Id's") waiting to get through and give you the idea to plant a tree.

All you would have to do is plant a seed for this Action. 

Yet your Phone dings and your bestfriend wants to go out for coffee.

On the way to coffee you blast your music in the car. Drowning out "Id". 

After coffee you can start to hear Id's voice again. You decide to check out the local grocery store for the plant section. 

Then, work calls you to cover for someone who is sick. You say "of course". Id decides to take a nap

Almost to be woken up when you finally get snuggled in to your bed. Then you pull out your phone and graze some social media and cute bird videos. 

Id has lost it's voice. 

70 years later you remember the particular voice telling you to plant a tree. Yet now you don't have the strength to get out of your bed in the nursing home.

You look out the window at all of the trees changing colors. So many happy Id's. You never gave justice to yours. Now it is too late.

If you can take one thing from this story. I ask you to connect with your Id's. Give them creative power. Loosen your reigns on day to day life. Give freedom to the creatures in your brain. 

They might "Fail"

They might be a total "Success"

They might make you a new "Friend"

They might take you on a whole new path of "Life"

Or even make "New" life.

But most of all.

They will have a "Voice"

All because you finally Listened.


Comments

  1. What a wonderful piece of advice. Nice to consider what the 'id' may change into. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflakes and Flowers